Thursday, December 3, 2009

a little here, a little there. my debater's "bible"

this is a picture of us on the bunk boat ride...anyway, i was talking to nelson from ACJC, and denise frm NJ, updating myself on the debates scene. nelson was really impressed with Ben. not surprising, he has good identification and organization of points. NJ has really progressed. and that is good. the team has found its niche. knowledge, good identification and organization. our best trait, consistency and team dynamics. that enabled us to beat supposedly strong hwa chong last year despite our supposedly presentable but weak style. those who know me will know that I am all for style. it doesnt really matter what you say, its a matter of how you say it. I believe that I have at the very least decent if not a relatively good style. all these i credit to super coaches and seniors: Jon and David Pflug, Vishal, YOng Wei, Mich, MArk, Teck Wee, Yinli, Pinli, just to name a few. style has pulled me through and to me is the key element. If I win I win with style, and even if I lose, I go down in style. however as I said, NJ has found our strength thanks to good seniors too. I believe that with a little infusion of style, we would be really good. if I may be bold, perhaps better than the WSDC team of Ren Jie and Liki. Yes they are good but our brains are better than theirs I believe. I just feel so proud of how far NJ has gone.
this is the guys of the MUN team, I have no idea why they are carrying me. my shirts a little wet coz of the pyramid making. someone's leg was wet...lol
and this is my korean teacher! like coincidence! we were wearing pink! xD great minds think alike. haha. then i went to church the next day and kandace was wearing pink too. haha. really great minds. okok choir class! later!

No comments: