Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Changed

Anyong! THis is a picture of my schoolmates and I at Marina bay. Somewhere near the Merlion. heh. My teacher is at the top of the pyramid. A tiny funny korean (thus the anyong!) who was bred in America. And as you can see, shes a great person. Shes wearing pink! hahaha. (self-praise lots)

Depressing the life of a modern day kid. Did a little survey in fitness class today. Split the class into 4 groups. Those who sleep at 10pm, 11pm, 12pm, and later than 12pm. Then asked them to regroup according to what time they wake up and how many hours of sleep they get. Adults require around 8 hours of sleep and teens require about 10hours. Guess how many met that requirement...I sound like an old nag but sleep is really important. If you doubt me, and if you know Brother Peterson, I suggest you ask him to tell you his first hand experience about how important sleep is.

Anyway! I am really happy with how my blog is turning out. No more melancholic posts. No more complaining bout this or that. No more muttering about how much I have going on in my life. heh.

Anyway, just to keep things straight, this isn't a pure fitness blog. it is STILL a random blog of mine. Fitness posts will come as and when I feel like it~heh. I mean as and when I receive any inspiration.
Right now I am doing a little section of weight loosing techniques. Touched a little on what exercise must be done~Will give some training plans possibly some time on. What would come on next however would be a section on what you consume, aka your diet. What and how much should you eat if you want to lose weight.

Oh yes, same goes to the philosophical posts and the psychology posts that's coming up. They will be given as and when inspiration comes.

In the mean time, my thoughts go out to y'all. Stay fit, stay happy (: smile more often and you will become happier. Its not just some myth, its part of what we psychologists call "Facial Feedback Theory". According to this theory, your brain interprets feedback from movement of your facial muscles as different emotions. For example, you see a dark shadow in the corner of your room at night. You react by raising your eyebrows and widening your eyes. Your brain then interprets these facial expressions as those associated with fear, and you then feel fear. So likewise, when we smile, our brain interprets the facial expression as those associated with happiness and thus we will become happier! (: so smile!



Add Image

1 comment:

Fitness4HomeOnline.com – Fitness Equipment said...

Thanks for the interesting and informative post. I look forward to more in the future.