Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What is meaningful is never easy. The first suggested training program will be given in the next post. stay tuned! [;

Sunday has been quite interesting. The past few Sundays actually. A culmination of spiritual experiences. So Kandace in her latest post was like, why do I seem to take more pictures of outdoors etc. Experiences over the past 2weeks and a nice interview with the District Presidency in Shenzhen has taught me that in Nature, God seems to speak more to Man. Moses and Mt Sinai, Joseph Smith and the Sacred Grove are just some examples.
http://www.lds.org/Static%20Images/telford_sacred_grove_cover_MD.jpg
2 weeks ago, there was a baptism in my Branch. That meant that immediately after Sacrament, I had to go out to the backyard of the villa (we meet in a house), and up the font, and then guard it. Yes. I am the guardian of the font that ensures no kid cannonballs into the font. And so I was sitting on a swing in the backyard, watching the font, when I looked up at just this random pine tree. Totally random the tree was. But the moment I looked upon the tree, I received what is probably the sweetest feeling i have ever felt. I have always been able to feel the Spirit when my life is in order. However these have always been impressions. This time, I actually heard a full sentence. Nature has a way of connecting us to God. If I may, it might even be magical.
Elder Richard G. Scott talked a little about how we can receive spiritual guidance in the last General Conference. Things we need to do to earn spiritual guidance.

"What is meaningful is never easy. If its easy, it would cease being meaningful. If its easy, we wouldn't learn as much."

Which brings me to my fitness tip. Consistency is the key. It won't be easy at first. But its worth it.

In whatever thing we are doing, we feel the results of what we are doing before we see it. When we study for an exam, the immediate result that we feel is fatigue. But we only see the results (literally in this case) after a period of time when we sit for that big test. Likewise, we feel the results of our workout immediately. Some people I know pumps off 30 push-ups at one go. Sayy OUCHHHH (feeling the result of their workout), then immediately head to the full-length mirror. They look in, flex, see that they haven't gained much muscle, then say heck, whatever, its not working. Now heres the thing. We feel the results immediately but we can only see them after a period of time remember? In fact, we can only see the results of our workout after at least 6 weeks. So for guys, while you feel good after that gym session, you'll only look buffer after 6 weeks. For girls, while the weighing scale shows you lost 700g from that weekend workout and you feel lighter, you will only look slimmer and more toned after at least 6 weeks.

Consistency is the key, what is meaningful, is never easy. Set a target. You don't have to workout for 2 hours every alternate day. I suggest that 15 minutes a day is more than sufficient.
Along this line, I will post up my first training suggestion for that 15min workout the next time I blog (:
Right now I am still touching the basics. Things that are good to know, good to do, and not exclusive to fitness. In the following posts, I would slowly get more specific in what you should do and whats happening to you when you workout.
For now, keep taking your heart rate. It is of UTMOST importance regardless of whether or not you are exercising. As said, it acts as an early warning system as to whether you are feeling well. So every morning, take that heart rate. Consistency is the key.

No comments: